- Illinois Housing Development Authority
- 111 E. Wacker Drive, Suite 1000
- Chicago, Illinois, 60601
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website Link:
Purpose of the Program
The Illinois Foreclosure Prevention Program (FPP), established by the Illinois General Assembly, is funded by a $50 filing fee the plaintiff pays each time a foreclosure is filed. The funds are appropriated to the Illinois Department of Revenue by the General Assembly. Under this program, the Authority makes grants to HUD-approved housing counseling agencies and community-based organizations to support housing counseling and foreclosure prevention outreach including pre/post purchase counseling, foreclosure mitigation, financial literacy, counselor training, and capacity building.
Who is Eligible
In accordance with the below statutorily required distribution:
• 25% to counseling agencies outside the City of Chicago;
• 25% to the City of Chicago for counseling agencies in Chicago or for foreclosure prevention counseling administered by the City;
• 25% to community-based organizations outside the City of Chicago; and
• 25% to community-based organizations in Chicago.
The Community-Based Organizations are generally eligible to submit an application for funding
if they provide:
- pre-purchase and post-purchase home ownership counseling,
- education about the foreclosure process and the options of a homeowner in a
- foreclosure proceeding, and
- foreclosure prevention programs in conjunction with the Authority or a state or
- federally chartered financial institution.
The Community-Based Organizations must agree to the terms and conditions of the Program in
order to be eligible.
The Counseling Agencies are generally eligible to submit an application for funding if they have been certified as a housing counseling agency by HUD. The Counseling Agencies are eligible for funding if they are certified prior to their application for funding under the Program and committed to participation in the Program. The Counseling Agencies must agree to the terms and conditions of the Program in order to be eligible.
For more information, please go to https://www.ihda.org/my-community/foreclosure-programs/ or contact IHDA at email@example.com.
How Funds are to be used
Eligible uses of grant funds under the program include:
- computer and equipment expenses general operational expenses
- pre-purchase Housing Counseling and post-purchase Housing Counseling
- foreclosure education, foreclosure prevention outreach programs in conjunction with the Authority or a State or federally chartered financial institution
- counselor training
- training of an Administering Agency’s employees
- capacity building that increases an Administering Agency’s capacity to provide foreclosure prevention outreach programs and housing counseling,
- technical assistance
- advertising and marketing of the program any other housing
For additional information, please go to https://www.ihda.org/my-community/foreclosure-programs/ or contact IHDA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Types of Assistance
Technical Assistance, Grants
Year Program was established