- Illinois Farm Bureau® and Illinois State Medical Society
- Donna Gallivan
- 1701 N. Towanda Ave
- P.O. Box 2901
- Bloomington, IL 61701
- Phone: 309-557-2350
- Fax: 309-557-2641
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website Link:
Purpose of the Program
This program designed to provide doctors in rural communities in Illinois. The program helps qualified applicants hurdle financial needs or borderline academic barriers to a medical education through recommendations for acceptance and/or loan monies. Students must be willing to specialize in Family Practice or another primary health care field in an approved rural community in Illinois.
Who is Eligible
Minimum scholastic requirements of an applicant are that only students who are in their fourth year of college or who will have completed study for a bachelor’s degree prior to matriculation to medical school may apply. Applicants must be Illinois residents and have a minimum grade point average of 3.5 on a 5.0.
Students must be willing to specialize in Family Practice or another primary health care field in an approved rural community in Illinois.
- Complete RIMSAP application
- Application signatures of local county medical society president or secretary, and the county Farm Bureau president
- Complete the required American Medical College Admission Service Forms (AMCAS).
- AMCAS applications must be submitted by October 1 in order to be on record with the University of Illinois College of Medicine by November 1.
Availability of Funds
Loans of $6,250 per/semester are available during the four years of medical school ($50,000 maximum loan from this program). Loans are granted at a 4% interest rate.
Types of Assistance
Grants and Referrals
Year Program was established