- Office of Illinois State Treasurer
- 100 W. Randolph, #15-600
- Chicago, IL 60601 (JRTC Building)
- Phone: 312-814-2677
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website Link:
Purpose of the Program
IL ABLE accounts give people with disabilities and their families greater financial independence and the ability to participate fully in the community. A high quality, low cost IL ABLE account can be opened by an eligible individual, or authorized individual, at any time, no matter how old you are or what state you live in. If you receive, or plan to receive, public benefits an IL ABLE account can provide you asset protection. Annual contributions totaling up to $15,000 can come from any source, and you can contribute even more if you are working. Illinois taxpayers experience even more benefits with an IL ABLE account.
Who is Eligible
You are eligible to own an IL ABLE account if
- You have a disability with onset (not necessarily diagnosis) that occurred before the age of 26
- one of the following is true:
- You are eligible for, or you receive, Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) because of your disability;
- You experience blindness as determined by the Social Security Act;
- You have a medically determinable physical or mental impairment with marked, severe functional limitation that has lasted, or is expected to last, at least 12 continuous months or to result in death;
You have a similarly severe disability with a written diagnosis from a licensed physician that can be produced if requested.
Visit www.illinoisable.com for more information and to enroll
How Funds are to be used
Funds must be used for qualified disability expenses. Visit www.illinoisable.com for more information.
Year Program was established