- Illinois Housing Development Authority
- 111 E. Wacker Drive, Suite 1000
- Chicago, Illinois, 60601
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website Link:
Purpose of the Program
Established by the Illinois General Assembly, the Foreclosure Prevention Program Graduated Fund (FPPG) enables IHDA to make grants to HUD-approved housing counseling agencies to support housing counseling including: pre/post purchase counseling, foreclosure mitigation, financial literacy, counselor training, and capacity building. Funding for this program is derived through plaintiff-paid foreclosure filing fees. IHDA began administration of this program’s first funding round in calendar year 2017.
Who is Eligible
For more information, please go to https://www.ihda.org/my-community/foreclosure-programs/ or contact IHDA at email@example.com.
How Funds are to be used
Under this program, the Authority makes grants to housing counseling agencies in accordance with the below statutorily required distribution:
- 30% to housing counseling agencies in Cook County outside of the City of Chicago;
- 25% to housing counseling agencies in the City of Chicago;
- 30% to housing counseling agencies in DuPage, Kane, Lake, McHenry, and Will Counties; and
- 15% to the rest of the state.
Eligible uses of grant funds under the program include:
- computer and equipment expenses
general operational expenses
- pre-purchase Housing Counseling and post-purchase Housing Counseling
- foreclosure education, foreclosure prevention outreach programs in conjunction with the Authority or a State or federally chartered financial institution
- counselor training
- training of an Administering Agency’s employees
- capacity building that increases an Administering Agency’s capacity to provide foreclosure prevention outreach programs and housing counseling,
- technical assistance
- advertising and marketing of the program any other housing
- For additional information, please go to https://www.ihda.org/my-community/foreclosure-programs/ or contact IHDA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information, please go to https://www.ihda.org/my-community/foreclosure-programs/ or contact IHDA at email@example.com.
Types of Assistance
Grants, Technical Assistance, and Other Assistance.
Year Program was established