- Illinois Department on Aging
- One Natural Resources Way, Suite #100
- Springfield, IL 62702-1271
- TYY: 1-800-206-1327
- Email: Aging.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website Link:
Purpose of the Program
The Community Care Program (CCP) helps senior citizens, who might otherwise need nursing home care, to remain in their own homes by providing in-home and community-based services.
CCP is aimed at assisting seniors to maintain their independence and providing cost effective alternatives to nursing home placement
. Services provided include: assistance with household tasks such as cleaning, planning and preparing meals, doing laundry, shopping and running errands. Home Care Aides also assist clients with personal care tasks such as dressing, bathing, grooming and following special diets.
Who is Eligible
- Are 60 years old or older;
- Are U.S. citizens or legal aliens;
- Are residents of Illinois;
- Have non-exempt assets of $17,500 or less (Your home, car, or personal furnishings are classified as exempt assets.); and
- Have an assessed need for long term care (to be at risk for nursing facility placement as measured by the Determination of Need (DON) assessment).
These services and resources are coordinated on a community level by local organizations and programs that are part of our aging network. You can locate programs and services by county using our Service Locator.
Availability of Funds
How Funds are to be used
To provide Community Care Program services to older adults age 60+
Types of Assistance
An array of services are delivered based on individual needs. Services may include Case Management, Homemaker, Adult Day Services, Senior Companion, and Emergency Home Response Services.
Year Program was established