- Illinois Public Transit Definitions and Glossary of Terms
- RTAC Library Training Materials Numerical List
- RTAC library loan procedures
- FAQ’s DPIT Downstate Capital Initiative Call for Projects
- Spring Conference Presentations
The RTAC Spring Conference is a one and one-half day event held annually at the Northfield Inn, Suites & Conference Center in Springfield. The Illinois Department of Transportation Division of Public and Intermodal Transportation and the Illinois Public Transportation Association update attendees regarding grants and timely topics, and transit professionals present a variety of sessions aimed at educating rural public transportation grantees and specialized providers.RTAC Conference 2014 FTA Procurement Procedures
If you need this content in an alternative format, please contact Rich Garrity at 910-328-5770 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have trouble with opening the following documents please contact Rich Garrity at the above address.
RTAC Conference 2014 Section 5329 Bus Safety Seminar
RTAC Conference 2014 Rural Medical Transportation Network Mobility Management Project
RTAC Conference 2013
Downstate Operating Assistance Program
- David Spacek, IDOT, Chicago, IL
- Edward Heflin, RTAC, Macomb, IL
Passengers with Disabilities
- Expectations of the Disabled Passenger: Gracie Hill and Tim Ashcraft, RAMP, DeKalb, IL
- Charter Rule Changes: Tom Zucker, VAC, DeKalb, IL and Dave Spacek, IDOT, Chicago, IL
The RTAC Roadeo is held annually in New Berlin. Contestants participate in four events: written test, wheelchair securement, pre-trip inspection and driving. Although not everyone wins a trophy or plaque, each contestant does receive a t-shirt and lunch. The winner of each event is presented with a plaque. The first, second and third overall winner is presented with a trophy and a cash award. The first place winner also receives an all expense paid trip to participate in the National Roadeo that is sponsored by the Community Transportation Association of America (CTAA). Each year the National Roadeo is held at a different locale, such as Seattle, Philadelphia, Austin, St Louis, Reno, and New Orleans.
Drug and Alcohol
- Drug and Alcohol Awareness Presentation
- 49 CFR Part 40 Frequently Asked Questions
- TThe Office of General Counsel and Office of Drug and Alcohol Policy and Compliance of the Department of Transportation provide these questions and answers which constitute official and authoritative guidance and interpretation concerning 49 CFR Part 40 (see 49 CFR 40.5).
- Jeff Waxman, IDOT, Chicago, IL
Training Opportunities for Rural Transit Providers
- Learning Resources
- Tests for Drivers and Support Personnel
- Classroom Attendance Sheet