- Office of the State Treasurer
- 300 West Jefferson St., 2nd floor,
- Springfield, IL 62702
- Phone: (217) 782-2072 or (312) 814-1244
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: treasurer.il.gov/
Purpose of the Program
Organizations or businesses use community development loans to restore landmark buildings or historical structures for the benefit of future generations.
Who is Eligible
The National Park Service or a certified local government entity must designate the property as a historic landmark.
The applicant must present documentation, certifying that he/she will follow the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards of Rehabilitation.
The applicant must show that with the help of the Opportunity Illinois loan, he/she will provide a benefit to their community.
The applicant must provide a brief description of why conventional loan financing is not adequate and why the Treasurer’s deposit is a necessary incentive.
A participating Illinois financial institution must approve the application.
How to Apply
- Contact the Treasurer’s Office for an overview of the program; 2. Apply for a loan at a participating financial institution; 3. Complete the Opportunity Illinois program application and forward your application package, including all required documentation, to the Treasurer’s Office. Your financial institution will often provide the application and forward it on your behalf; 4. Your financial institution must submit a completed application for deposit; 5. The Treasurer’s Loan Committee will review your application for approval. The committee meets twice monthly.
If you have questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 814-1244.
Availability of Funds
Amounts and Terms
Borrowers can receive up to $10 million.
The loan duration is two years with the possibility of a three-year extension.
A site visit may be required for approval.
How Funds are to be used
Types of Assistance