- Office of the State Treasurer
- 300 West Jefferson St., 2nd Floor,
- Springfield, IL 67202
- Phone: (217) 782-2072 or (312) 814-8953
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: treasurer.il.gov/
Purpose of the Program
The Treasurer’s Office encourages the construction and expansion of licensed child care facilities in Illinois by offering loans at below-market interest rates.
Who is Eligible
Applicants must submit the following to the Treasurer’s Office: Proof of an application pending or a valid child care license from the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services. The number of additional child care slots created as a result of the expansion or new facility. The number of employees the applicant is expected to hire as a result of the expansion or new facility.
How to Apply:
- Contact the Treasurer’s Office for an overview of the program; 2. Apply for a loan at a participating financial institution and agree to use the Employ Illinois program; 3. Complete the Employ Illinois loan application and forward your application package, including all required documentation, to the Treasurer’s Office. Your financial institution will often provide the application and forward it on your behalf; 4. Your financial institution must submit a completed application for deposit; 5. The Treasurer’s Loan Committee will review your application for approval. The committee meets twice monthly.
If you have questions or need more information, e-mail email@example.com
or call (312) 814-8953.
Availability of Funds
How Funds are to be used
Child care providers can use the loans for real estate acquisition, construction or to purchase equipment that will lead to the creation of more spaces to enroll additional children.
Types of Assistance