Local, state and federal government purchase more than $500 billion from small businesses. From routine office supplies, to replacement parts for military aircraft, Uncle Sam offers a potentially lucrative, yet largely untapped market for many companies. Knowing how the government acquisition system works and finding out who in government buys your products and services can be a challenge. That’s why the Illinois PTAC of Central Illinois was established—to help you win government contracts.
- Electronic Bid Match – We’ll notify you by e-mail about bidding opportunities that are retrieved from more than 400 databases nation-wide.
- Bid Preparation – We’ll help you prepare the offer and work with you to exceed bid specification and quality requirements.
- Registration – We’ll help you identify which government agencies are likely to buy your products and services, and assist you in registering with them.
- Certification – If applicable, we’ll help you apply for special certification programs such as State of Illinois Business Enterprise Program, Disadvantaged Business Enterprise, HUBZone, Woman Owned Small Business Programs, and 8(a)/Small Disadvantaged Business, that can increase the likelihood of winning contracts with certain agencies.
- Workshops/Seminars –We offer periodic programs on topics related to effective government contracting, business matchmaking services, and navigating government regulations.
- Research/Technical Assistance – We’ll conduct research on competitors and provide access to government manuals through our One-Stop-Shop.
How We Work Together
- Contact the Illinois PTAC of Central Illinois to schedule an appointment.
- Complete a profile detailing your business, products and/or services.
- Sign up to receive government bids electronically.
- Enlist PTAC’s help for bid submissions and technical assistance.
- Win government contracts.
- Report back to PTAC on contract value.
The Illinois PTAC of Central Illinois is one of several centers located throughout Illinois and is part of the Illinois Entrepreneurship Network, a statewide umbrella organization of small business resources coordinated by the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity.
The Illinois PTAC of Central Illinois is a unit of the Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs at Western Illinois University.
Illinois PTAC of Central Illinois
347 Covington Dr., Suite C
Waterloo, IL 62298